Saturday, August 29, 2020

Tesla Camping Trip to Pinecrest

So I thought in my time off I would try to be a cool dad and do something fun. I got on Turo (like AirBnB for cars) and found a Tesla Model X to rent to take on a camping trip with the kids. When I brought the car home Jack was sure it was his birthday present. The kids opened and closed the gull-wing doors about 30 times until I made them stop and we headed out. Maga joined us while Ellen stayed home with the dog. The car was super fast but we quickly learned that we couldn't drive it hard or it wasn't going to get far.  We made a labored trip up to Pinecrest lake, set up the tent and played in the lake. The sky was very smokey from recent fires but the kids had fun playing with the blow up toys and the stand up paddle board. We had a pretty wicked thunder storm at night but the kids slept like champs and we stayed dry. On Monday our ride home was a bit of a disaster as a 3 hour drive turned into 7 due to the car massively under-performing the range expectations. By the end of the trip Jack's assessment was "Teslas are cool but very inconvenient." Amen Jack.

























 

No comments: