We made a risky decision to join Grammy, Pa, and Aunt Emma in Myrtle Beach, SC for a family vacation at the end of July. Myrtle Beach was quickly becoming a COVID hotspot and that made it all the more anxiety-inducing to go, but I'm so glad we got to have family and vacation and sunshine all in one spot. We flew to Myrtle Beach via a connection through Atlanta. The flights were half-empty, and it was so nice to not have the airport overcrowded.
We got settled into our hotel and met up with Grammy, Pa, and Aunt Emma and proceeded to have a week full of fun! We mini-golfed several times, the kids learned how to boogie board and LOVED it, swam in the ocean and the hotel's many pools, the boys jet skied, Lyla got to ride on a Banana Boat ride, we traversed the beach looking for shark's teeth, seashells, and starfish, ate seafood (hello crab legs!), met up with Grammy's sister and her family, did lots of outlet mall shopping, and did a fair amount of lounging and relaxing. The kids had such a good time getting to spend quality time with their grandparents and aunt, and I feel like they learned some new things about each other and formed some inside jokes.
Social distancing and COVID restrictions definitely made the vacation feel a little different and we definitely changed our routine up a bit from what we would usually do, but it was still time well spent. The kids had some minor issues; poor Lyla's tonsils swelled up and were quite uncomfortable for a big chunk of the trip and Jack scratched his cornea the day before we went home. That always makes things more stressful, but we made it! I can't say I'm looking forward to flying again during COVID but I am definitely anxiously awaiting the day a virus isn't ruling how we live our lives!





























No comments:
Post a Comment