This year I had the opportunity to attend our church's annual Young Women's Camp. This year I was over the Level 2 gals, and I was fortunate that one of my friends, Melissa, was my co-leader for the week. We spend the week up at Lake Rucker overseeing the girls get certified in various outdoor skills, take a five mile hike, sing super loud camp songs, hang out at the lake, help out with campground chores, and grow closer to our Heavenly Father through scripture study, devotionals, and spiritual thoughts. The week was super hot and tiring, but it was a week that I needed to have. It's always super weird for me to take an entire week away from my family to do something, but it helps recenter me on my purpose in life being more than just a wife and a mother (even though those are two of my very favorite roles!). I got to spend some time with Sherie since she's our stake's camp director. It's fun to spend time with the girls and rediscover my inner teenager that's dying to reemerge now and again. I've had my fill of camping for 2017 now, but I'm sure till the time comes I'll be back up and ready to serve at camp again.


No comments:
Post a Comment