Monday, August 28, 2017

Jack's 2nd Year Update

Jack's last year went by twice as fast as the first!  Here is what's going on with Jack:


Jack is beginning to love music.  He spins around in circles with a bit of a skip step.  Usually he ends his sweet moves with a fall to the floor.  I'd like to think of it as modified break dancing.

Jack runs EVERYWHERE.  He's full steam ahead all the time.  He wants so badly to keep up with Lyla and Hank, and that means trying to walk everywhere, climb on everything, and do everything exactly like his older sis and bro.  It usually ends with him taking super long naps and sleep.  It's a pretty good trade off.

Just within the past month he's started talking SO MUCH.  He has lots of phrases that he loves, but he mostly enjoys mimicking us.  He has a special knack for picking on Hank the most, which doesn't make Hank too happy.  We think it's because he loves Hank the best, don't you? :)

We gave up the pacis.  It was traumatic for us all.  I am having a little bit harder time going through some of the true "lasts" for our family, and I always feel bad having to do something that makes life harder for my kids.  It's for the best though!  He had a bit of a rough first night but we're hopeful things will steadily improve over the next week or so.  Fingers crossed!

Jack is not eating is up and down.  He goes through phases where he can't get the food shoveled in fast enough, and other times where he will barely eat a thing.  He's starting to really slim down and he's losing some of the toddler chunk.  He likes breads, noodles, fruit, smoothies, and anything with sugar in it.

He is a DREAM with sleeping.  This kid takes the longest naps of any of my kids and sleeps the most at night.  I'm thinking it's because we wear him out so much with all the running around we do.  He's so good at getting himself to sleep and he is so mild mannered when he wakes up from sleep.  I really couldn't ask for a better night's sleep out of this kid.

Jack loves to kiss, hug and say "I love it"and "I love you".  He's not great at cuddling, but he's getting so good at sitting still for stories and getting better about sitting for movies for longer periods of time.  I need time to slow down a little with Jack!  It's moving too fast.  I'm selfishly looking forward to spending more one-on-one time with him as the two older kids go back to school.  I can't believe he's already two and I haven't spent hardly any alone time with him.

At Jack's two year check-up, he weighed 28 lbs. (50th percentile) and is 34.75 inches tall (69th percentile).  He was as sweet and docile as ever at the doctor's office, letting them look around and doing whatever they asked.  He's such a sweetheart - I so hope that carries over into the years to come!

No comments: