Tonight I dined at Under Bridge Spicy Crab. It is located unironically enough under a bridge. It is actually the second generation of a former restaurant by the same owner called "Typhoon Shelter Crab," which was as you might have guessed, located in an old typhoon shelter. Under Bridge has become so popular that they bought out three other restaurants in the immediate vacinty so they would have enough table space to meet the ever-growing demand. It was also featured on Anthony Bourdain's No Reservations.
It was phenomenal. It was a reminder that the worst part of eating alone, is you are limited in the amount of dishes you can order without appearing like a total glutton. So, I settled for only two: the razor clams with chili and jinger and the Salt and pepper chicken wings. The razor clams were a tribute to Matt Peirce (One of his favorite dishes) and the wings can recommended from a post on ChowHound.com (yes I am a dork, and I research things like this). I decided to pass on the signature dish - the Spicy Crab until next time, when someone else is there to enjoy it with me. The razor clams were delicious, fresh, and enormous. The chicken wings were phenomenal. It was the best salt and pepper seasoning I have ever had, and this comes from a guy who has had a clogged arteries worth of salt and pepper. I would have let them salt and pepper my arm if I didn't otherwise need it. In the words of our great governor, I'll be back.
Anthony Bourdain with the chef.
The crabs
My meal.
2 comments:
Good thing you don't have to make 165lbs anymore. Wrestlers have a tendency to appreciate food more than others....you have taken it to a new level. Ellen will appreciate all the scouting you are doing. After reading this I need a bromo selser or tums.
I can vouch for the food comments. My favorite is Cold Cow Tongue. It tastes like you are chewing a cold cow tongue - nothing more.
Post a Comment