lty. My boss took me to the Lei Yue Mun (鯉魚門)seafood market. On the other side of the bay in Kowloon there are two main places where you go for Seafood, this was one of the two. We walked through the seafood market, with tanks full of what seem to be recently caught see animals. Though I have grown up near the bay and lived on the coast for most of my life, there were many strange sea creatures that I never knew existed. This was one time where I was glad to have someone with me. Bryan chose some interesting things that I might otherwise not have. We picked the seafood out from the market and they took it direct to the kicthen. Not more than 10 minutes later, the first course arrived at our table. The food was fresh and delicious. The salt and pepper prawns was the exact taste that kept my mouth watering since I set off for Hong Kong. After an hour and a half of gorging, I left the restaurant with fingers burnt from the hot grease and cut from breaking crab shells. I wouldn't have it any other way.麥儅勞:
I'm the kind of person who wants to take full advantage of the opportunity I have been given to travel. So, while I am here, I will do all of the tourist things but I also try to get a feel for the culture of the place. I want to experience the life of the locals, if only for a short time. In the "when in Rome" spirit, I set of for dinner tonight. I left my apartment and walked past the "Beijing Dumpling house" and continued on past "Shanghai garden." In search for the authentic experience I continued on to a place down the block. I went into a local place, where of course I was the only white guy there. The food was cheap, but tasty. It was hot and fresh and had a little unique Hong Kong twist. Yes, the McPepper burger at McDonald's is not on the menu in Fremont, or in Milford. You only get the opportunity to travel so many times. When the opportunity is there, sometimes you just have to jump in with both feet and do what the locals do, Supersize it.
2 comments:
It is great you are getting to see the town and eat the local delicacy. Have some Sub Gum Chow Urchant for me. I don't think you can beat the Magnifico with the egg in it.
I love your blog. It makes me feel like I am experiencing things with you.
For food in Hong Kong I recommend the lasagna at the Spaghetti House. Very authentic.
Post a Comment