Sunday, September 30, 2012

HERS Breast Cancer Foundation 5/10K

This past year Dustin's mom's neighbor was diagnosed with breast cancer.  She's done great and is now in remission, but we wanted to participate in the annual HERS Breast Cancer Foundation's Keep Abreast 5/10K to show our support.  Dustin's mom rallied lots of gals from her neighborhood, and Dustin, Lyla, and I wanted to join in as we feel like part of their neighborhood group anyway.  Dustin was ambitious and ran a 10K, and Lyla and I teamed up to walk a 5K.  Dustin was setting very low expectations for himself, but he ended up finishing 5th!  Lyla was a gem and was great about staying in her stroller while I pushed her the entire way, and we managed to make it in great time!  Dustin's mom made everyone the cute shirts we're wearing that say "Fight Like a Girl".  It was great to participate, and hopefully we can do it again next year!
 

No comments: