Friday, September 28, 2012

A Note From Dad: Looking Back - Lyla is two

My little girl is two years old today. The last two years have been absolutely amazing. Two years ago today, I was still coming to the realization of what it means to be given complete responsibility for the life of another. I was sobered by the responsibility of taking this daughter of God into my home, to be an example, a teacher, and a protector for her. She was completely helpless. Pure, innocent and perfect. Over the last two years I have had the privilege to watch her grow and develop. With every new milestone, we get an additional glimpse of who she is and I must say I am quite enamored of her. My little girl is confident, persistent, and focused. She is a pretty serious child, but when you get her rolling, she can really crack you up. She is already getting discerning about clothes, and I know I can go out with confidence when I get the “you look handsome daddy” stamp of approval. I don’t get to see her as much as I would like during the week, but being home every night to read her a bedtime story and put her to bed is the best part of my day. As I put Lyla to bed tonight, she looked up and said “Thank you for the Birthday Daddy. I love you.”


There is really nothing better than being a dad.

No comments: