Lately Dustin and I have been discussing getting in some good quality time with Lyla by taking her on some fun outings. I'm not totally sure Lyla wouldn't enjoy herself just as much staying at home, but Dustin and I do like to get out of the house and explore the Bay Area. Last weekend we took a trip to Monterey to go to the aquarium. It's fun that Lyla's old enough to enjoy looking at all the fish and other animals. I think she was a little overwhelmed by how large some of the displays were, but she loved to look at all the creatures and comment. Among our favorites were:
Dustin: Look, there's a lobster!
Lyla: Mmm. That lobster is delicious!
(There was a similar dialogue for shrimp. What can I say, the girl loves seafood!)
Dustin: Do you want to catch one of the fish out of that tank?
Lyla: I catch fish with Pa.
(Apparently she can only catch fish at her grandparent's house out of their pond in the backyard.)
We are really starting to appreciate Lyla's quips and one-liners. She is a crack-up! She was such a good sport - the trip takes 2 hours each way, plus traffic. She made it both ways with no complaints, just singing along to music in the car. I can't forget the fact that she tagged along for an all-morning shopping trip Dustin and I took to a local mall, just walking along with us, staying out of trouble. On the way home, she even ate her dinner to go in the car without making a mess. As soon as we got home, she said "I go to bed now." We're very lucky we have such a great, well-behaved, hilarious kid!
No comments:
Post a Comment