Sunday, April 5, 2015

Easter 2015

Easter sure seemed to sneak up on this year!  Time is starting to really pick up between the kids getting older, starting the shuffle around to different activities, church commitments, and the pregnancy.  I am  really happy and relieved that I get so much help with explaining the true meaning of Easter and the story of Jesus Christ's crucifixion and resurrection.  Between previous years' worth of explanations, scripture study, Lyla's preschool instruction, and nursery/primary at church, we get the story pretty well understood.  I definitely want to make it a goal in the future to go a little more in-depth about Easter with the kids - something to already look forward to for next year!

THIS Easter, we had an egg hunt at Lyla's preschool and a smaller one at home, a gathering at our house with some of Dustin's high school friends and their families, egg decorating with Maga, Easter dinner at Maga and Paga's house, a visit from the Easter Bunny, and, of course, General Conference.  I really love that General Conference fell on Easter weekend this year.  What a great way to stay grounded and focused on keeping the spirituality of the holiday intact.  This is also the first time that I can remember the kids being interested in conference and asking questions.  I hope that trend continues for them!  So, as a whole, Easter was pretty low-key, but I was really happy we ended up doing it that way.  Spending quality, quiet time with the family is some of the best kind of time I get to spend with them.







No comments: