Sunday, April 5, 2015

It's (Another) BOY!!!


We are so happy to announce that another baby BOY will be joining our family late this summer.  This pregnancy has been going by pretty fast - I can't believe I'm already halfway through!  Last week we went in for the 20 week ultrasound.  Everyone came (Maga, Paga, Dad, Hank, and Lyla) along with me, and I think that really adds to the fun.  When the big gender reveal moment came, poor Lyla was a little disappointed. I could see her tearing up when she heard the news initially, but she came around pretty quickly.  That night when I went to tuck her in, I made sure to check in with her and ask her if she was okay with another boy joining the family instead of a girl.  She said she was fine, and then quickly followed up with, "But Mom, I just can't believe there was a penis (on the screen)!".  Good quote to remember.

Our baby boy was being quite uncooperative during the ultrasound.  He doesn't move around a lot, and he likes to stay curled up into a tight little ball.  Having one's feet on their head doesn't seem at all comfortable, but that seems to be the position he prefers best.  Although he liked playing peek-a-boo with hiding and showing his head behind his arms, he did make it quite difficult for the technicians to get all the photographs and videos that they needed.  Because of this, I had to go in for an additional ultrasound the following Sunday.  That made me a little nervous, but we ended up getting all the shots we needed and the doctor delivered the relieving news that everything looked okay!

I am VERY aware of the upcoming difficulties the next few months are sure to bring (sore muscles, leg cramps, headaches, sciatic pain, sleepless nights, pain in my back and lower abdomen, Braxton Hicks, etc.), but I think that makes me a lot more prepared and ready to face the next few months and on through labor and delivery.  I hope.  The kids are excited, and that makes me happy.  Hank and Lyla both like talking to their baby brother each night before bed and giving my tummy kisses.  I'm praying for a healthy, happy baby and for a family that has room in their hearts to give this baby all the love he needs and deserves.


No comments: