January 2, 2014: "Mommy, let me tell you a bedtime story. 'Once upon a time there were two girls and a boy and their names were Mom and Lyla and Hank. They went our shopping then came home and ate jelly beans and watched a movie. Then they went to bed. And they lived happily ever after.'"
January 6, 2014: "I'll wait for you my darling."
January 6, 2014: "What's all the ruckus about?:
January 18, 2014: Mom: "Why do we celebrate Easter?" Lyla: "I forget." Mom: "That's when Jesus was resurrected after he died." Lyla: "Oh. I bet the Easter bunny killed Him."
January 2014: (while making tickling fingers) "Wrestle, wrestle, wrestle!"
January 2014: Upon asking Lyla for her opinion no what to wear: "Let's see some options."
January 2014: "...And that's okay!" Said while hands were outstretched to tell me two things are different but that's normal or acceptable.
February 2, 2014: Lyla: "Dad will you wrestle me?" Mom: "Lyla, I'll wrestle with you." Lyla: "Oh, yes! Girl fight!"
February 11, 2014: Mom: "Lyla what are you doing?" Lyla: "Doing an armspin on Hank." Apparently Dustin needs to lay off the wrestling technique with Lyla.
February 17, 2014: One morning I decided to show Lyla how to make French toast. After making the egg mixture, Lyla said "Mom, when do you French the toast?".
February 19, 2014: Hearing a song she liked on the radio, Lyla said, "Mom, it's my jam!"
February 21, 2014: "Did you bump any people dad?"
Match 22, 2014; When Dustin took Lyla clothes shopping, she said, "Dad, you and me make a great team."
March 28, 2014: When trying to determine how bad Lyla's stomach pain was when she was sick. Mom: "What kind of pain is it? Does it feel sharp? Does it feel like someone is poking you?" Lyla: "It just feels like I need to go to the doctor."
March 31, 2014: Lyla: "Pa will you take me to Disneyland?" Me: "Lyla we will probably try to go as a family next year." Lyla: "But Pa you have to go with me. You're my best buddy, you know."
March 2014: "Wow! That is INCREDIBLE!"
March 2014: "I can't know." (Meaning "I don't know.")
March 2014: "Close!" Said while shrugging shoulders and nodding head when missing a sight word and guessing a similar but incorrect word.
April 1, 2014: "Mom, I don't know what I'd do without you."
April 4, 2014: "What the heck is going on in here?!"
April 17, 2014: "Dad, I'm so impressed with myself!" Said shortly after finishing a 48-piece puzzle by herself.
May 12, 2014: "I want to share my life with Hank."
May 13, 2014: "I want to stay hydrated so I don't get low-drated."
May 30, 2014: Dustin had to take Lyla to men's restroom, and her question upon seeing the urinals was, "Hey dad, why do all the guys pee in the sink?"
June 15, 2014: After singing her Father's Day song, Dustin told her she did a good job. She said, "I know! I did so good I almost cried!"
June 19, 2014: "Mom, you're as cute as a whip!"
June 21, 2014: "If you get me out of the car right now, I'll be so distressed."
June 28, 2014: We took a trip to Gilroy Gardens and I adults weren't allowed to help the kids on the ride. Me: "Lyla, you're going to have to be the grown up and help Hank because I'm not allowed on this ride." Lyla: "Yes! I can be the mom!"
July 16, 2014: Lyla: "What's a hippo?" Dustin: "Well, it's like a big Pa and it swims around like a Pa and has two big teeth like a Pa." Lyla: "Oh. Does it snore like pa too"?
August 2, 2014: While watching the Disney castle pop up at the beginning of a movie and noticing that a water was passing through the castle, Lyla said,"Is that the Ohio River?”
September 25, 2014: After getting a stuffed Tiana doll from Hank for her birthday, “I’ve been wanting that for so long. Remember when I was still in your belly, Mom? I’m pretty sure I wanted it back then too.”
October 4, 2014: After Dustin corrected her on something, “Oh. I guess I was wrong about that."
November 14, 2014: Dustin: "Lyla do you wish you like be like the cool kids?" Lyla: "Dad, I'm already a cool kid."
November 2014: Talking to Lyla about the difference between Indians from India and Native American Indians, Lyla said that one of her friends from school who is Indian dressed up as an a Native American Indian and asked me if I thought that was funny. Lyla's first understanding of irony to date.
December 11, 2014: I kept worrying that Lyla may not be feeling well, so I kept asking if she was sick. She responded, "I'm not sick, I'm serious!"
December 11, 2014: "And this is how it's done!"

No comments:
Post a Comment