It's the ending of an era. We are finally ALL out of diapers in our house! I was highly motivated to get Jack out of diapers for obvious reasons, but I was also feeling some dread of needing to be chained to the house for a period of time and the worry that the training wouldn't take and we'd need to postpone several months. We started the week out rough, and by Wednesday afternoon I was ready to throw in the towel. The first pediatrician Lyla ever had wisely gave the counsel to give anything new with kids one full week: crying it out, adjusting to a new schedule, potty training, etc. I kept telling myself I would continue to persevere through the end of the week, and I'm so glad I did! Minutes after I left for a church activity Wednesday evening Jack told Dustin he needed to use the potty for the first time - and he did! That seemed to be a major turning point and he made a complete turnaround in progress. He has very few accidents, and I'm especially impressed that he can stay dry most nights as well. Unfortunately for Jack, he'll be in Pull-Ups longer than his siblings were because we're just more active these days, but I don't think he minds too much. We're so proud of Jack for continuing to push forward towards being a true "Big Boy".
No comments:
Post a Comment