Last week was Lyla's last day of preschool. She was a little sad about leaving behind her friends and her teachers. I must admit, I was a little sad to be leaving behind such great relationships with folks as well. We are excited for summer to be here, and Lyla is even more excited that she'll be starting transitional kindergarten at Ardenwood Elementary in the fall (just at the end of our street!). I asked Lyla what she learned in preschool this year: "I learned how to add and how to spell out words, and I got much better at doing art projects and my reading is much better now. I also got better at printing in the lines." I'm happy with those lessons learned alone, but I know she learned 100x more than what she thinks she learned this year, and that makes me so much better about sending her off to TK in the fall. Way to go girl!
No comments:
Post a Comment