Monday, June 9, 2014

Grammy's Graduation Weekend

A few weekends ago, my mom graduated from college!  My brother and I flew in from California to spend some times with my parents and sister.  We headed over to West Virginia to watch my mom's graduation from West Virginia State University.  I'm so glad she decided to walk - it was a great way to celebrate her achievement.  Plus, as an added bonus, we got to go back to where we were all born! We went past the first home I ever lived in, ate at a local restaurant that my parents used to go to when they were dating, and got to see where my dad went through the West Virginia State Police Academy.  It was really cool to take a trip down memory lane AND celebrate.  The rest of the weekend was spent back in Ohio just hanging out and catching up. My dad surprised my mom with a CAR (an orange Volkswagen beetle convertible, her dream car), so that was pretty awesome.  Obviously, the gifts from the kids weren't quite as extravagant, but I think much appreciated nonetheless. :)










While I was gone, there was a LOT going on back home.  Lyla was tied up with her ballet rehearsals and performances, so Dustin got in quite a bit of father/son time with Hank.  Friday night, he took Hank over to the father/son campout that our church puts on.  They just stayed for the evening, but I think Hank got in enough boy time with all the other kids there.  Dustin got lots of help from his parents to help get the kids to see and do everything they needed, and even got some help from friends while Dustin had meetings aplenty to attend at church.  Time was spent at the playground as well (a great time spender for all!).  When I got home (very late) Monday night, Dustin said that everything was good with the kids, but that the house may have been slightly messy.  I would say that counts as a successful long weekend with just dad on duty.





No comments: