Last week was Lyla's 3rd birthday. I can't believe my little girl is 3 already! What's even crazier, I never thought I would be a nostalgic person, but kids make you that way I guess. Lyla had a birthday WEEK full of festivities and activities. Sunday, Lyla enjoyed birthday cake and opening presents from her Maga and Paga. This year, I made (with a lot of help from Sherie) a Rapunzel Barbie birthday cake for Lyla. I got the result I was looking for - she was excited; even more so when she learned she could keep the Barbie in the middle of the cake and play with her in the bathtub!
Monday was Lyla's actual birthday. She was old enough this year to understand what her birthday was, but more importantly that cake, presents, and special treatment came with it! We started off the day with "sprinkle donuts" - Lyla's choice of course. I admire her technique of eating all the icing and sprinkles off the top first (might as well eat the best part first, right?!).
Next, while Hank was napping Lyla was treated to popcorn and a movie - at home. I needed to be creative since we couldn't go out while her brother was sleeping! She was excited she got popcorn, and she chose "Monsters, Inc." (for what feels like the 100th time).
For lunch, Sherie took Hank so Lyla and I could have a lunch date. We went to the Cheesecake Factory (Lyla's first time). She was super surprised that she got ice cream and waitresses singing to her just because it was her birthday. She felt like a big deal.
Afterwards, I took Lyla to the mall for her big birthday surprise - a trip to Build-A-Bear! Lyla enjoyed the whole experience and she proudly took home "Bunny Sue Princess".
That evening when Dad got home, she got to open her presents from Grammy, Pa, Aunt Emma, Uncle Aaron and fam, Mom and Dad, and Hank. She was a little in awe of all the presents she got to open that day (as shown in the picture below). She got so much good stuff she had trouble figuring out what to play with first. Highlights from her birthday included: Legos, Doc McStuffins doctor kit, workbooks (because she's a bit of a nerd), lots and lots of dolls and princesses, kitty PJs, and a Hello Kitty toothbrush (which she begged me to use that night).
I'm so glad this little lady had a rocking birthday! I was a little worried how the day AFTER her birthday would go, but it wasn't too much of a letdown. Playing with all-new toys seems to be a good remedy for the day-after-your-birthday blues. Plus, she still had a birthday party to look forward to that Saturday. On to the next thing!
No comments:
Post a Comment