Monday, September 2, 2013

Labor Day Weekend

Labor Day weekend this year was jam-packed with fun!  We kicked things off Friday night with a trip to the water park with our family and our friends, the Hardings.  The kids have so much fun every time they hit the water, and they crash so hard when they get home for a great night's sleep!


The next morning we got up and Lyla helped me cook a great breakfast of eggs and toast for the family.  It's been awhile since she's gotten to really be my sous chef, and I've missed her help!



Quickly after breakfast, we headed out to Gilroy Gardens for a family day at the theme park!


It was HOT in Gilroy. So hot that it made activities like ice cream eating (even for Hank) necessary. It also necessitated Hank drinking out of Lyla's princess water bottle because we needed to pump some extra fluids in him.


Gilroy Gardens has a small water park inside, and Lyla and Hank had a good time cooling off with all the water spraying around. Lyla even braved going down a large water slide all by herself!


The favorite ride of the day was probably the merry-go-round, although the cars, train ride, monorail, fairy boat ride, and several others were all tied for first in Lyla's mind.




 

It was the perfect park - lots of shade, lots of places to sit, and lots of options for photo ops. We lasted almost the entire time the park was open (a new record for staying in one place EVER with the kids!) and there were no meltdowns, no bad attitudes, and no tears. Truly a day that was fun for the whole family!




On Monday, we did mostly boring homeowner things.  In the morning, Lyla and I went to Maga's exercise class while Dustin got a workout in at home. We discussed what to do with landscaping in the backyard and started making some (small) changes in the backyard. I tried to clean the whole house and take advantage of having Dustin play with the kids while I scrubbed away. Dustin picked out some paint colors for our downstairs that we can both agree on (for now). We also had fun trying on some new accessories I bought for the kids - I am slightly obsessed with the kids and sunglasses lately, but can you blame me? Look at this stud with his big boy glasses on!


In the evening, we had a few friends over with their families to make some s'mores. We had so much fun! It's been forever since I've had s'mores, and Lyla has been asking about them ever since we read them in a library book. The evening was so perfect there was even a rainbow that made an appearance!  Having friends over is always fun and leaves us wanting to get together more often.  Until next time...





1 comment:

ErinandJames said...

Cute! I love your blog and the pictures. What a great weekend.