Sunday, October 7, 2012

Bay Area Discovery Museum

I cannot believe that our local library offers free passes to so many Bay Area family attractions!  I find I have to reserve our passes months in advance at times, but it's so worth it to get to go to fabulous museums and attractions for FREE! 
 
This past weekend we took advantage of those free reserved passes to hit up the Bay Area Discovery Museum in Sausalito.  I didn't know much about this place, but it turned out to be the perfect place for someone Lyla's size to go to.  Everything was specifically tailored for kids 8 and under, and a huge section of the museum was for kids under 4.  She was in heaven with all the exhibits and play areas to run around to.  It was also an unexpected surprise to have a fantastic view of the Golden Gate Bridge! 
 
After we finished up, we stopped at the Counter for Lunch.  Dustin had never been there before, but I remember how great it was the last time I ate there.  While we were still living in Connecticut, my fabulous friend Fran drove me over an hour to West Hartford to the nearest Counter location so I could satisfy and intense fried dill pickle craving. It was just as good as I remembered it, and we left very stuffed and satisfied. 
 
No sooner did we get in the car, and Lyla said "Mom, I need to go potty".  Agh!  As we frantically tried to decide where the nearest location was to pull over for a restroom, I happened to look over my shoulder and saw a completely passed out Lyla already napping less than 5 minutes in to our drive home.  Needless to say, it must have not been that much of an emergency.  I'm happy to report we made it home with no accidents and a very well-rested kid ready to go again!
 








No comments: