Thursday, September 29, 2016

Lyla's 6th Birthday

Lyla's birthday celebrating lasted almost an entire week this time around.  We started off on Lyla's actual birthday by going out to Krispy Kreme and Starbucks for some donuts and hot chocolate.  Maga swung by around lunch with some McDonald's and mini-cupcakes (complete with candles to blow out!).  I surprised Lyla in the afternoon by going to her Kindergarten class while she was sung to, asked questions, and dubbed the day's meteorologist.  I brought in a book for her to donate to the classroom and some bubbles for everyone in her class.  She was a happy camper! She was really excited when the school day was over because we immediately jumped in the car and headed up to Sacramento for some extended family time and to celebrate Sadie's baptism.




On Sunday we had Lyla's party with Maga and Paga.  She enjoyed LOTS of Shopkins-related items - and even a Shopkins cake!






Wednesday we had a party for Lyla's friends from school.  She wanted an art-themed party, and I did my best to comply.  We did some canvas painting, photo booth prop-making (and photo taking!), and decorating picture frames for aforementioned photos to go in.  We polished off the party with some rainbow sprinkle cake and another round of "Happy Birthday".  I'm so glad Lyla was happy with all her parties and gifts and love and attention. We can't wait to see what the next year brings!









No comments: