Ah, another year has snuck up on us and now Lyla is five. This year Lyla finds herself in Transitional Kindergarten at Ardenwood Elementary for five half-days a week. Going to school every day has been a bit of an adjustment, but she's thriving in her new environment. She is still doing swim class (Beginner Level 4), dance class (Beginner Level 1), and soccer (U4-U5 team). She's got a busier schedule than ever, but she likes to keep things moving along. We did an annual interview and below is the resulting Q&A:
1. What is your happiest memory? When I had my birthday. I liked getting all the presents and spending time with my family.
2. Why do you like being a kid? Because I get to be with my family. I get to play a lot at home with my stuffed animals too.
3. One word to describe you would be: crafty. I love doing crafts!
4. What advice would you give your parents? You don't have to do so much stuff for me. You don't have to make me a cake for my birthday.
5. If you could be any animal, which one would you be and why? A flamingo because they eat lots of shrimp and turn PINK!
6. What do you like to do for fun? Arts and crafts.
7. Tell about a funny time in your life. One time when I was blowing bubbles and trying to catch them, one popped right on my nose!
8. What is your favorite thing to do do? Why? Play with Barbies - I like to brush their hair and dress them up.
9. What is your favorite thing to do with your friends? Go to the park.
10. What do you love most about your brothers? I love how funny Hank is and I love that Jack is learning to do so many new things.
11. What was the nicest thing you did for someone? Wiping the floor and chairs for my Mom.
12. What do you think you will be doing 10 years from now? Starting to drive a car.
13. What is your favorite thing to do in the summer? Go swimming at Aqua Adventure.
14. Name two things we should do as a family on the weekend. Take a vacation to Ohio and play outside together.
15. What is the grossest thing you can think of? Pizza with pickles on it!
Today was Lyla's annual check-up with Dr. Lande. Our visits are getting shorter and shorter these days as there's less to discuss and everything is going so well. No shots this time (just the FluMist, but that's no big deal these days - for the most part!). She's 41 3/4 inches tall (36th percentile) and is 38 lbs. (38th percentile). Our amazing gal continues to excel academically, thrives socially, and grow and develop so much physically. I can hardly wait to see what the next year holds in store for our Lyla girl!
No comments:
Post a Comment