This Halloween was a good one, but it wasn't without it's hiccups. Poor Hank had a nasty double ear infection that we found out about the day before our ward's Trunk-or-Treat. All things considered, he handled it pretty well, but he didn't seem back to his old self for some time. The next Wednesday (TWO days before Halloween!) I found out Lyla had an ear infection AND Hank's double ear infection not only wasn't healing, it was WORSE! Many strong doses of antibiotics worked nicely, and the kids had a GREAT Halloween! This year, we went with a superhero theme (based around Lyla's request to be Supergirl). Grammy made the kids' costumes again this year, and they turned out awesome. We get so many compliments on their costumes, and I feel the need to tell people that I didn't make their costumes so that I can give credit where credit is due!
As mentioned before, the Friday before Halloween we attended our ward's Trunk-or-Treat. For Halloween night, we started with some trick-or-treating with Maga at our local mall. It wasn't anything to write home about, but any excuse to wear costumes for an extra bit of time is always worth it! We made a quick stop past Dustin's Uncle Mike and Aunt Kathy's house to show off costumes, teamed up with Dad, had a quick dinner, then headed over to Lyla's preschool for their annual Harvest Festival. It was amazing! They had so many games that the kids thought were so fun, and Lyla's teachers and a lot of the staff were there all dressed up (which Lyla loved). There was a trunk-or-treat section, places to get family pictures taken, and a pie-making contest (which I won!). After an hour or so into the festival, Lyla decided she'd like to do some trick-or-treating in a neighborhood. We headed over to Glenmoor for a quick few houses of candy-grabbing, then went over to Maga and Paga's to say hi and take a quick break. We ended the night going to a place Dustin used to go to that gives out freshly-made cotton candy to trick-or-treaters in lieu of candy. It was an awesome Halloween, and I'm so glad my kids were healthy enough to enjoy it too!















No comments:
Post a Comment