Monday, September 29, 2014

Lyla: 4 Year Stats

Lyla has grown so much in the past year!  I look back to last September, and it's a completely different girl.  She is smarter than a whip, and she continues to amaze us with her knowledge and capabilities.  She is enjoying her first year of preschool going two half-days per week (Rainforest 1 Classroom), swim class (Preschool Level 4), and dance class (Beginner Level 1). She keeps super busy, and that suits her personality really well.  Below are her current answers to my list of interview questions:
  1. How old are you? 4
  2. What is your sport? Soccer
  3. What's your favorite television show? My Little Pony
  4. What is your favorite animal? Giraffes
  5. What is your favorite toy? Baby dolls
  6. What song do you love? "I Am A Child of God"
  7. What do you want to be when you grow up? Doctor
  8. Who is your best friend? Olivia.  Even though she's gone, she's still my best friend.
  9. Who are your friends at school? Gianna, Lyla O., and Lucy
  10. What is your favorite book? "5 Minute Princess Bedtime Stories" 
  11. What is your favorite thing to do outside? Play in my playhouse.
  12. Where is your favorite place to go? To school.
  13. What are you really good at? Doing my workbooks.
  14. What is your favorite food? Spaghetti
  15. If you could visit anywhere in the world, where would you go? To Grammy and Pa's house.  We would pick blueberries from Pa's garden, feed the fish in their pond, pet all their cats, and go shoe-shopping with Grammy.
Lyla went to the doctor today for her annual check-up. She was really concerned about having to get a shop, but she got her DTap, MMR, and FluMist like a champ. I think she realized that she was more nervous than she needed to be. I also realized I was more nervous than I needed to be as well! She loves our pediatrician (Dr. Lande) and likes that she asks her questions like a "real grown-up". She was proud that she was able to do a hearing and vision test all on her own this time as well. She's up to 39.75 inches tall (51st percentile) and is 33 lbs. 4 oz. (35th percentile).

We are still as impressed with Lyla's mental capacity as ever. It's helped now that she has preschool and her teachers also think she's amazing. Always good to have an unbiased opinion back you up! She's READING now (yes you read that right), and is doing Easy Reader books to work on recognizing word families, as well as struggling through sounding out words from longer books as well. She's well over 50 sight words that she knows on recognition, and is doing one-digit addition and subtraction as well. There's a lot more specific information I'm excited to hear about when we go in for her parent-teacher conferences next month, but what I know so far makes us so proud of our amazing Lyla.


No comments: