I wanted to make sure I preserved some kind of record for Lyla of what was going on when she turned three. There are plenty of milestones she's had over the past year, but they start to get more subtle as she gets older. Instead of trying to write down all the new things she's mastered, I decided to interview her and get a feel for what she likes right now:
- How old are you? 3
- What is your favorite color? Pink
- What's your favorite television show? Sophia the First
- What's your favorite outfit? My ballet outfit.
- What is your favorite animal? Horses
- What is your favorite toy? My jewelry.
- What song do you love? "Families Can Be Together Forever"
- What do you want to be when you grow up? Doctor
- What is your favorite book? Any Berenstein Bears books.
- What is your favorite thing to do outside? Play in my playhouse.
- Where is your favorite place to go? To the store.
- What are you really good at? Doing my sight words.
- What is your favorite food? Hot dogs
- If you could visit anywhere in the world, where would you go? I'd go the mall or get ice cream.
- What makes you happy? Being with Hank.
I also got Lyla to the doctor last week. I was actually a little nervous because the doctor asked Lyla a lot of questions and I wasn't sure how she was going to answer some of the time! She did a great job, though, and she had a good experience. She oddly requested getting a flu shot over the flu mist - afterwards she informed me that next year she was going to get the flu mist instead! She's still as tiny as ever: 37 inches tall (40th percentile) and 28 lbs. 6 oz. (24th percentile). For being so small, she sure is a ball of energy and goes nonstop from morning till bedtime!
We're still trying to capitalize on Lyla's good memory and cram as much information into her tiny brain as possible. She's working on mastering sight words (she has about 15 down), she has most of her letter sounds, she's up to counting to 50 (with help on a few numbers), and she's working on all her "emergency information" (her parents' names, home phone number, her birth date, home address, etc.). I'm so excited to see what the next year will bring - I'm sure it will go by way too quickly!
We're still trying to capitalize on Lyla's good memory and cram as much information into her tiny brain as possible. She's working on mastering sight words (she has about 15 down), she has most of her letter sounds, she's up to counting to 50 (with help on a few numbers), and she's working on all her "emergency information" (her parents' names, home phone number, her birth date, home address, etc.). I'm so excited to see what the next year will bring - I'm sure it will go by way too quickly!
No comments:
Post a Comment