The milestone has come - Dustin is now 30! We are more excited than he is, but I think the cake and presents helped cheer him up a little bit! I am totally lame and ordered an iPad for Dustin like DAYS before they came out and announced they were making a new one SO Dustin ended up having to return his gift so we could trade up for the better, newer one. It would probably be helpful if I read the news a little more than I currently do and perhaps I could have avoided this mishap. :)
That night, we met up with Dad in between getting off BART and heading over to the church to give him a gourmet dinner of salt-and-pepper chicken wings from his favorite local Chinese restaurant. Lyla and Hank also picked out birthday cards to give him and some balloons. Oddly enough, we found that Hank liked to stand while holding the balloons, and did so for an impressively long time. I think I've discovered Hank's new favorite toy - he even tried to sneak them up to bed!
I know birthdays may be getting a little lamer now that we're both busy parents, but it's the thought that counts, right?! The kids like any excuse to celebrate and I think your kids getting excited about your special day and trying their best to pamper you is a precious and unique gift in itself. Until next year, Daddy...
No comments:
Post a Comment