Since we couldn't make the trip back to Ohio this year for Christmas because of my nearing due date, we decided it would be fun to make a trip down to Fresno to see my brother, Aaron, and his family for a few days. We headed down the day after Christmas for a quick visit. We spent most of the time hanging out, but we did sneak in a quick trip to the Fresno Zoo. The kids really wanted to show Lyla the new Sea Lion Cove Exhibit so of course we had to go! Of course, Lyla only wants to hang out with her cousins and Uncle Aaron out in public, but I guess that's okay - I can use a break every once in a while!
Wednesday night Max got a visit from the tooth fairy. He ended up getting double money as he had two teeth that had fused together and came out together - I have NEVER heard of anyone having fused baby teeth, but there's a first time for everything! We also tried having Lyla and Sadie have a sleepover on the floor. It was good in theory, but we quickly found out Lyla couldn't resist talking Sadie's ear off, and Sadie is too much of a night owl and was happy to indulge Lyla in her persistent rambling. At one point we heard Lyla saying "I'm going to sing you a song, okay?", followed by her reciting from lines from Taylor Swift's "We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together". We then hear Sadie saying "That's my favorite song!". When Aaron went in to quiet them down, he had to confiscate a plastic toy machete from Lyla, and one time when I went in I discovered Sadie had about 10 baby dolls stuffed down in her sleeping bag. We had lots of laughs hearing the girls banter back and forth, along with Sadie occasionally telling Lyla to be quiet or go to sleep, or, my favorite, "Ssh, someone's coming!". At about 9:45pm, we finally gave up and separated them. Those girls have too much fun!
Thursday night Aaron and Kristen made a steak and potato dinner for us. I honestly can't remember the last time I had a steak dinner that delicious. I was officially impressed! We also got the chance to watch a documentary Kristen got for Christmas about the Railroad Revival Tour. I don't think it was meant to be a comedy, but we all laughed quite a bit through it.
Friday we got on the road to head back for fun. We've found trips with lots of small children are often better when we make them short, but time went too fast! We had lots of laughs, and are really excited for when the entire family is getting back together in February for more quality time.
No comments:
Post a Comment