Friday, August 12, 2011

Family Craft Time

Since I have been back in Cali, I have had a little bit of a craft bug. I think it is the result of being in proximity to my mom, the original craft-master. As we have moved into our new place, we have been able to do a few projects to make it ours.

It started with needing a place to put Lyla's toys. Ellen found an old steamer trunk at an antique store in Niles. Very cool, but the interior needed a little love. So, with Maga's help, we re-lined the trunk with fabric. I think it turned out pretty well.

and Lyla seems to like it...
Last week, Shannon was home and she helped us re-make Ellen's Grandma's old desk

We also took a trip to the Ohmega architectural salvage yard in Berkeley and made some cool finds. An old ironing board became a new shelf...

And while we were at it, we made some jewelry for her to take back to the market in Missoula





There are a few other projects that are still "in progress", but hopefully after tomorrow we will have new coffee table (made from old doors) and a chalkboard (made from an old window).


No comments: