Tuesday, September 25, 2018

Lyla: 8 Year Stats

Lyla is officially 8 years old!  She is in 2nd grade this year with Mrs. Wayne.  Lyla was a little nervous to start the new year after two years with the same teacher and most of the same classmates but she was brave and did so well on her first days back!  She still has a love for school and a passion for learning new things.  She lost two teeth this year - less than the year before but she has a few that are loose now so I'm sure there will be a lot coming out this year.  She joined a competitive year-round soccer team this year, and is also fitting in swim lessons and will do softball again in the spring.  She likes to be on the go and thrives on a competition.  She's sparkles and sunshine and everything nice but she's braver, tougher, and more independent than just about any other gal her age.  Below are answers to some of the questions I asked her during her annual birthday interview:
  1. What is your favorite toy? My new Pomsie.
  2. What is your favorite fruit? Strawberries.
  3. What makes you happy? When I'm with my family.
  4. What is your favorite book? "Bad Kitty" chapter books.
  5. What sport do you like best? Soccer and wrestling.
  6. What do you want to be when you grow up? A doctor or a sports player.
  7. What do you think about before you fall asleep? I think about putting my imaginary pet to sleep.
  8. What would you buy if you had $1,000? Toys and a few books.
  9. What is your favorite thing to wear? I like to wear dresses.
  10. If you could have one wish, what would it be? To have a pet (a dog).
  11. Who is your biggest hero? My mom any my dad.
  12. Where do you like to go? To go visit family.
  13. What do you hope to do before your next birthday? I hope to have a lot of fun.
  14. What is your favorite day of the week? Tuesday, because we have computer lab and Hank has karate (she plays on her tablet and catches up on homework during his class).
  15. What do you love to learn about? I like to learn about (outer) space.

No comments: