Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Young Women's Camp

Last week I had the opportunity to attend Young Women's Camp as a cook in the kitchen.  We had a cute Olympics-tied theme this year of "Go For the Gold!", and the kitchen staff were the Hungary Skeleton crew.  It was a very full and tiring week, but also quite fulfilling.  It was nice to get to know some of the young women from the Brookvale Ward better, as well as getting to know so many girls from across the Hayward Stake.  In addition to cooking, I had the opportunity to join the Level 3 girls on a 7 mile hike, sit in on our ward's Bishop's Q&A, and participate in the Bishop's Canoe Race (we took home the silver!).  I am very grateful to Brittany McMullens for coming straight off her mission to come watch my kiddos for an entire week and, of course, to Dustin for pulling single dad duty for the whole week.  It always ends up that the entire family needs to make sacrifice so one family member can fulfill their church calling, and I'm really grateful for everyone's support so I can try my best to magnify my calling.  I'm glad Young Women's Camp is behind me, but I'm thinking I could be up for it next year if needed again!










No comments: