Last weekend my friend Martina came up from SoCal to visit with us - AND she brought her boyfriend, Dave, up too! I knew Dave from my TFA-CT days (he took my job when I transitioned to stay-at-home mom status), but it was nice getting to know him better and catch up on old mutual acquaintances' whereabouts. I'm always a little nervous when we hang out with friends with no kids, because I always hope the kids are on their extra-best behavior (which they both were). Plus, kids can majorly complicate plans, but the kids were troopers and Martina and Dave were perfectly happy to spend lots of time just hanging around the house.
We did manage to have a few excursions during their visit. We spent Friday night swimming with the kids at Aqua Adventure's Family Night. Lyla was excited to show off her swimming prowess, but really just wanted Martina and Dave to help her out (of course). Saturday we wandered into the city for the San Francisco Street Food Festival, which totally did not disappoint. Favorites this year were the kamikaze fries, nutella and strawberry crepe, and the strawberry cotton candy with nutella dust on top. Who knew the kids were such fans of the fruit/chocolate combo? After a trip back home and some serious napping, we ventured out one more time to get Lyla some back-to-school outfits. The next morning we went our separate ways early, and I'm totally bummed we didn't get to spend more time with them!
Martina and Dave had no problem winning Lyla and Hank completely over. I have no photo evidence of the weekend to document this face, but the pics Martina took and my word will have to suffice. Hank still occasionally yells out for "Dae!" (Dave) when we're in the car, so I know he's a fan and Lyla is asking if we can go visit them "sometime soon". Here's hoping girl!



No comments:
Post a Comment