Sunday, April 14, 2013

Hank: 3 Months

Hank made some real progress this month!  About a week after his 2 month check-up, I reached my limit on the amount of crying and screaming the poor kid was making, and I knew almost all of it was related to eating/reflux.  His doctor put him on Zantac, and he's like a completely different baby!  He's so happy, he doesn't wake in the middle of the night screaming, he's eating much better (still spitting up a ton, but at least he's happy about it!), and just seems so much more relaxed.  Hank started sleeping through the night this month too!  He goes down after his 7pm bottle, get a 10:30pm "dream feed", and then sleeps until 6-7am!  I am in HEAVEN!  We're working on his naps - we found out he can flip on his stomach sometimes, so we had to start unswaddling him during naps for saftey reasons, which required some patience while he figured it out.  Overall, the majority of the days he's doing MUCH better with sleep.

He's weighing in at 13 lbs, 13.4 oz. and is about 25 inches long.  He's such a happy guy, smiling at anyone who will look his way!  We are beginning to hear one crack of a laugh, but no big belly laughing yet.  I can't wait to hear him - I bet he'll be hilarious!  He's cooing a ton - it's funny to hear Lyla tell me he's being too loud and needs to be quiet.  I'm finding it hard to explain to Lyla why she needs to use her "indoor" voice yet Hank doesn't.

Hank really loves Lyla.  She seems to be able to comfort him at times when I can't, and she seems to entertain him much better than I can.  Having two kids can be a juggling act, but it is SO NICE to have a little "babysitter" to play with Hank while I take a quick shower, cook dinner, or try to do some cleaning.

We are very much enjoying our much more mellow little boy, and we are anxiously awaiting the next milestones!


No comments: