Thursday, July 12, 2012

The Alameda County Fair

A few weeks ago we made a trip out to Pleasanton so we could take in the Alameda County Fair.  We're finding it's getting more and more fun to take Lyla on these kinds of outings, because she's getting increasingly more excited by what she takes in.  As soon as we got on to the fairgrounds, we saw a huge carousel.  I asked Lyla if she wanted to ride it, to which she responded "Ride, ride, Mom, I ride!" and pointing emphatically at the carousel while trying to run straight towards it.  I am nervous about Lyla being on any kind of ride, because I think she's going to get scared once a ride starts moving, but I was very wrong.  After a very happy carousel ride, Lyla wanted to go on EVERY ride.  She was really good overall with just picking a few.




Of course, the main attraction at the fair is the animals.  Lyla loved petting animals, talking to them, and just looking around at all of them.  I tried to convince Dustin to move out more in the country to Livermore so we could have some pet sheep or goats running around, but he wasn't having it.  One great event at the fair that I hadn't witnessed before was the pig racing.  It was so stinking cute!  Lyla got involved in the crowd participation and shouted "Go piggy, go!" while they were racing around the track.



 
We couldn't leave the fair without sampling some delicious fair food.  We started off pretty tame since we didn't want Lyla on junk food overload.  She had her first corn dog, cotton candy, and shaved ice.  She was all sticky blue smiles by the time we got back to the car.  I can't wait until our next family adventure!



No comments: