We trekked up to Fort Bragg over Columbus Day weekend. I had heard about Glass Beach and the Skunk Train, so I was curious to see if we could make a weekend out of things. We started off midday with a trip to Sea Pal's for some outstanding fish and chips followed by some super interesting ice cream flavors at Cowlick's. The best quote of the weekend came from Hank, who ordered a clam chowder bread bowl. When we put the gigantic entree in front of him, all he could say was "holy clams". Where does he come up with this stuff?! We then did some sight seeing at Glass Beach and the Point Cabrillo Light Station. I did some research before the trip and decided to gamble a little on a hole-in-the-wall Italian place - and it was fantastic! After dinner we went to our hotel, where Jack and I cuddled and relaxed while Dustin, Lyla, and Hank went to take snapshots of the sunset on the ocean.
Unfortunately, not long after we settled into sleep, I woke up only to discover I had pinkeye! When we all finally woke up for the day, my eye was water, red, and swollen. Not the best to look at it, but I powered through! We went to Eggheads for a Wizard of Oz-themed breakfast where Lyla and I literally followed a yellow brick road to find the bathroom! After breakfast we attended sacrament meeting at the local ward building (Jack and I spent most of the meeting in the bathroom because my eye was a mess and he hasn't quite mastered how to be quiet!). We did some brief shopping around/exploring train expos, then went for a ride on the Skunk Train up into the mountains. After the train we hopped back in the car to make the long trek back home (with a quick stop to get me some meds of course!). It was a good, albeit short, trip. I'm excited to take everyone back again when both my eyes are healthy and able to see the full beauty of Fort Bragg!



















No comments:
Post a Comment